Bio

floral_styling_Jenny_Soi_Flowerstory.jpg

Flowerstory

is a floral design company based in San Jose, California, servicing the San Francisco/Bay Area, South Bay: Morgan Hill, San Martin, Gilroy, Central Coast: Monterey, Carmel, down to San Luis Obispo and Santa Maria. With an emphasis on soft, verdant, garden-esque design with a touch of modern and a hint of Japanese aesthetics, Flowerstory creates individual floral expressions for you to enjoy. Growing up on a small family flower nursery, we strive to support local farmers and businesses. About 75% of the flowers we use are locally grown anywhere from Salinas to Watsonville, up to Half Moon Bay. The remaining 25% of flowers come from other regions of California, or surrounding states, with a small percentage being imported. We think that purchasing flowers and product from our local farmers, friends, and neighbors  is important for our community and environment, and also provides your wedding or event with the freshest possible flowers.

Kim

started her journey into flowers on her grandparents' wholesale flower nursery in San Martin, California, sleeving bunches of carnations over summer vacation in the big metal barn on the ranch, where she now produces and designs weddings. She continued her path as a student at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, studying horticulture and botany which further fueled her passion for flowers and turning her into a bonafide plant nerd. After Cal Poly, the flames were fanned as she attended the Southern California School of Floral Design and worked for a premier wedding and event floral design company in San Luis Obispo. Home called her back to the Bay Area where she services most of Flowerstory's weddings, events, and floral design orders. When she isn't flowering, Kim loves hanging out at home with her Bull-Hound pound dog Mele, experimenting with film photography, playing drums with her Taiko group, and taking time out at the beach.

 Photos by Jenny Soi Photography

Photos by Jenny Soi Photography